Thursday, March 10, 2011

Find Beauty in my own Backyard

 

I'm still resurrecting some paintings of days past to make available as prints. This scene of this ol' red maple is one that I've painted many times, from many angles, in every season, and I suspect I'll paint it again ... and again.

Some days I just want to set up the easel, paintbox and sketch ... and often with only enough time and light for a quick sketch in my own Backyard ... a quick sketch that allows me to appreciate the simple beauty that's around me every day ... the beauty I might otherwise take for granted. 

3 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I love the painting … and I love the tree. :)

Julie Clark said...

Beautiful painting, and a great reminder to seize the moment, even if only a few seconds, to sketch outdoors.

Tammie Lee said...

lovely painting.
you are right, sketching life around us gives us an intimate visit.