Saturday, December 13, 2008

Make Model Airplanes

I do crazy things like build rubber-band-powered airplanes.

I don't just build them though ... no ... this particular plane here is made of salvaged pine that I cut and carved into tiny strips that made the body of the plane. Old school.

This plane is a little heavier than its balsa wood kin, so it needs a bigger engine, which means more rubber-bands.

This plane has a purchased propeller, though I have carved those by hand as well! Crazy, eh?

Anyway ... it's calm today, sunny too, so despite the cold I'm on my way out now for the test flight. Later!

4 comments:

JuliaA said...

those look like they'd be great fun to make and play with. :)

Rosebud Collection said...

Wow, that is wonderful..My dad taught me to make paper planes and have to admit I forgot how to make them..of course nothing like your beauty..

esque said...

That is gorgeous! It looks so delicate! Good luck on your test flight!

[inkihandmade.etsy.com]
[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

What cha been doin' lately?