Sunday, November 9, 2008

I Have Fun


I create little works of Folk Art too, like this piece of whimsy. Unlike my landscapes and still life paintings, this type of work is created from imagination. I smile every time I look at this piece, as I recall the many cats that have graced me with their purring presence.

Cats seem to be in a place of one extreme or another ... either in a playful frenzy or in a too-cool-to-care posture. Either way, it seem that the only way to learn more about these feline extremes is to Follow the Cat!

Follow the Cat is up for grabs at eBay!

8 comments:

LiPeony said...

I agree the cat is very cute... kind of like he's daydreaming to me... lolol... great work!! =D

April said...

Great picture...it's very peaceful

GumballGrenade said...

"graced me with their purring presence" - very true to form with the kitties I've known and shared a home with as well!

Hey Harriet said...

"Follow the Cat" is so very sweet! He's looking like he doesn't have a care n the world. A very cool cat!

TheresaJ said...

Very sweet, and yes, whimsical!

Bridget said...

Thanks for visiting my blog & commenting on my art. Your folk art is wonderful. Do you sell well on fee-bay? I had to close my shop there, I couldnt afford the fees.

Rick said...

Thanks everyone!

And bridget - this is my first eBay experience. It's an experiment at this point.

Bridget said...

Best of luck selling there. I used to do well on eBay when I had a shop & listed items frequently. With the shop fee increase & the economy, I had to shut down there. If you get a following on eBay you will do very well. I've seen some artists become PowerSellers (selling over 1K a month).