Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pond Laurel


Anyone local might know this spot, if they've ever wandered the trails at Burr Pond state park.

The trail around the pond is very active, as it was the day that I painted this landscape. I wandered with them, easel on my back, until this spot called to me. An elderly gentleman asked if I was going camping. Mind you, an easel looks nothing like a backpack and there is no camping at this park. This is one of the things I love about open air painting: The people you meet and the lasting smiles they give you. That and the giant rocks you can set up on to capture such reflections of nature.

This painting is offered for sale at RickDerwitsch.etsy.com

16 comments:

RagsNehali said...

lovely painting! love the color composition and the scene!

ARTISANNE DESIGN said...

Beautiful! What great talent :0)

kiddlebug said...

That is beautiful!

My Inspired Reality said...

Love this painting - very nicely done:)

amy@articulations said...

beautiful post and painting! The painting is so restful.

CAT Productions said...

That's breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

This is exquisite. I'm so happy to be introduced to your work.

Debra said...

Very beautiful painting!!
I love walking thrught our local market and seeing someone paint....it's so cool!

The Great Ethan Allen said...

very nice! Don't you love old people?

needle and nest said...

Beautiful painting - it gives the viewer a lovely sense of peace. :)

Rick said...

I really appreciate all your kind words. Thank you all. :)

TheresaJ said...

What a gorgeous painting, and what a lovely spot it must have been to spend a sunny afternoon.

I checked your Etsy shop out. I really like your style of painting.

Stacey said...

Such a beautiful painting and blog. :)

kimforbeads said...

Great painting, very lovely.

Giftbearer said...

That is gorgeous!

Rosebud Collection said...

Another beautiful painting.